Marine Enforcement Specialist
WildAid is a unique and dynamic San Francisco-based wildlife conservation non-profit. We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and highly organized professional to work on marine enforcement assessments and the implementation of marine protected areas (MPAs). The candidate will lead specific site assessments, draft reports and provide periodic follow-up on recommendations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the viability of marine protected areas and design affordable protection systems
- Research and write-up these assessments
- Oversee on-site implementation of control and vigilance systems and enforcement programs
- Seek out funding sources and prepare grant proposals
- Reach out to corporations for piloting innovative technologies in the marine enforcement context
- Recruit and liaise with foundation and NGO sponsors for pilot projects
- Manage volunteers and interns on an as needed basis
- Other duties as requested
WildAid offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, including 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, & long-term disability insurance. WildAid offers a matching 401K contribution on the first 4% of compensation upon the completion of the first year of employment.
Please send a detailed cover letter with desired salary and resume by email, with Marine Enforcement Specialist in the subject line, (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org